Aeqium is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to be the founding member of the Business Development team at an exciting period of growth. The Business Development team will be at the forefront of finding, learning from, and helping Aeqium’s potential customers streamline their compensation planning processes.
As the founding BDR, you will report to the Head of GTM and work cross-departmentally to help generate new business opportunities (pipeline) that will become the foundation of Aeqium’s growth and story. You’ll research and strategize on accounts and develop communication plans (via phone, email, LinkedIn, video, etc.) that help shape, scale, and optimize Aeqium’s outbound strategies. The more relevant companies and stakeholders we can speak with, the more successful we will be in growing Aeqium to its fullest potential. Further, as an early member of the Aeqium team, you will have an exciting opportunity to work closely with and learn from the CEO, Co-Founder, and other VP-level leaders.
- Own a quarterly quota by expanding our pipeline of qualified opportunities and build relationships with relevant stakeholders that align with Aeqium’s ideal customer profile (ICP)
- Execute established outbound messaging across email, LinkedIn, phone calls, and other channels
- Ideate, implement, and scale new outbound strategies and campaigns
- Qualify inbound leads by scheduling calls, learning more about the prospective customer’s needs, and aligning their goals to Aeqium’s core capabilities
- Operate autonomously in a sometimes ambiguous environment
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Strong analytical background and ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience engaging c-suite prospects
- Great organization and research skills
- Creative approaches to new problems
- Ambitious and competitive mindset with high levels of resilience
- Experience operating in an early-stage startup
- Experience with HR technology
- Experience using technologies like Hubspot, LinkedIn, Apollo, Clay, Keyplay, or comparable sales tools
- Up to 2 years of experience in business development
On Target Earnings Range: $74,000-$90,000
On Target Earnings include a mix of base salary and commission. Additionally, all employees receive equity in the form of stock options.
Compensation is one of the most consistent pain points for businesses today, and Aeqium is leading the charge to solve that. Employees struggle to understand their compensation; managers struggle to make and communicate compensation decisions; and the People team is left with a mess of spreadsheets and manual effort to try to make it all work. Aeqium is building a unified platform that automates compensation planning processes and delivers actionable insights on pay equality, total rewards, raises/refreshes, and more. Users are clamoring for the product as fast as we can build it.
Our team has significant experience building products and scaling companies, from product-market fit through acquisition/IPO. We're well-capitalized by top VCs and experienced angels. Most importantly, we've experienced the problem that we're solving firsthand and understand it inside and out.
This is an exciting time to join Aeqium. While we already have paying customers, you'll be joining us in the midst of true green-field development as we rapidly expand our product to new customers. As a member of our early team you'll be a critical part of Aeqium's success, and you’ll have unlimited potential for growth.
Our team is located in SF and NYC. We have a hybrid work environment, and prefer candidates in those areas to enable some face to face time.